KIMURA CAPITAL LLP
Last updated: May 22, 2018
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) sets out the basis on which Kimura Capital LLP (“Kimura”) uses your personal information. For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”), the data controller is Kimura, of Minster House, 42 Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 3AE
Kimura is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. Kimura will use your personal information fairly and lawfully.
If you are viewing this Notice on www.kimuractf.com (the “Site”), you accept that your use of the Site indicates your consent to the practices described in this Notice.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whose personal information is collected?
Kimura collects and uses information about the following groups of individuals:
- Clients, investors and beneficiaries (current, prospective and former) and any of their directors, officers, employees, partners, shareholders or agents;
- Suppliers and service providers;
- Professional advisers and consultants;
- Individuals who contact Kimura by email, phone or otherwise and any visitors to the Site;
- Employees, contractors and other members of staff (current, prospective and former); and
- Directors, officers and senior management of listed companies in which Kimura may invest.
What types of personal information is collected?
Kimura may collect and use personal information that is:
- Directly provided by you;
- Related to services provided to you by Kimura;
- Received from your representatives or advisers;
- Received from third parties, including administrators of products advised by Kimura;
- Collected using cookies and other technologies when visiting the Site; or
- Sourced from public sources.
- monitor traffic – we use anonymous information to track how people are using the Kimura Site. This may include time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer you are using
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
Purpose for collecting the personal information
Kimura may use the information held about you to:
- Provide you with information about Kimura’s products, services, research or events;
- Assess your suitability for products or services;
- Process your subscription or investment in Kimura sponsored funds;
- Fulfil any contract between you and Kimura;
- Fulfil any legal, regulatory or self-regulatory requirement that applies to Kimura and/or any member of the Kimura group of companies;
- Process your job application and assess your suitability for a vacancy with Kimura;
- Ensure that the Site is effectively presented for you and for your computer or device;
- Administer the Site;
- Respond to any enquiry or complaint raised by you; and
- With respect to information about directors, officers and senior management of listed companies in which Kimura may invest, for research and investment purposes
- To respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
- To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
Kimura may also combine any information that you provide with the information received from other sources. The combined information may be used for the purposes set out above.
Where you give us consent:
- For Kimura to notify you about Kimura events and fund marketing material.
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time
Where you can opt out:
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
You can unsubscribe or opt out of Kimura emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in email correspondence. You can also contact us directly at email@example.com at any time to tell us not to send you any future marketing material.
2. THIRD PARTIES
We treat the security and method of processing your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances. however Kimura may share your personal information with any member of the Kimura group of companies for the purposes set out above.
- Kimura may share your personal information with the selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Kimura enters into with them or you;
- Your current, prospective and former employers;
- Marketing providers that assist with the delivery of information to you;
- Analytics providers that assist in the improvement of the Site; and
- Administrators and directors of Kimura sponsored funds in connection with your subscription or investment in such funds.
Kimura may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If Kimura sells or buys any business or assets, it may be necessary to share your personal information with the prospective seller or buyer;
- If Kimura is acquired by a third party, the personal information held by Kimura will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If there is a duty to share your personal information in order to fulfil any legal, regulatory or self-regulatory requirement that applies to Kimura and/or any member of the Kimura group of companies.
3. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Kimura is committed to protecting information that you provide. Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are used to protect your information against unauthorised access, disclosure or loss. Authorised access to personal information is limited to only those employees, contractors and agents with a need to know, and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
4. STORAGE OF YOUR INFORATION
The information that Kimura collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by Kimura or Kimura’s suppliers operating outside of the EEA for the purposes set out above. By submitting your personal information to Kimura, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Kimura will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with the Notice.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
The Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you and to request that such information is not used for any particular purpose (for example to provide you with information about Kimura’s products, services, research or events). You can exercise these rights by writing to;
Kimura Capital LLP
42 Mincing Lane
6. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes Kimura may make to this Notice will be posted on the Site. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
4827-1731-1566, v. 2